I currently do not have a microphone suited to recording these videos. I’m either using a shotgun mic, designed to plug straight into a DSLR with gain ramped up the the MAX or a super cheap gaming hedset to record audio. I have recently run into issues with both soluitions. If you would like more videos from me, certainly like my new deep dive into aircraft accident reports then you can help by donating towards the cost of a new microphone setup.
Due to my health I record video from my bed and it needs to be something that is just there and ready to go. So I am currently looking at the FIFINE T669 USB Microphone Kit Condenser Studio Microphone on Amzaon for £69.99
It’s ideal because:
- I have no desk in front of me, I’m in bed
- The arm can be mounted to a Headboard or Bedside Table
- I can swing the arm out of the way quickly when I’m not using it
- It includes everything in the package
- It includes a shock mount, so you’re not hearing me constantly moving
- As kits go, its cheap, 70 viewers, £1 each and were there!